4th Workshop on Applications of Knowledge-Based Technologies in Business (AKTB 2012)
in conjunction with
15th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2012)
Download TXT version of this CfP
May 21-23, 2012
Deadline for submissions: April 11, 2012 (deadline extended)
The successful series of AKTB workshops held in Poznan (2009), Berlin (2010), and Poznan (2011), inspired to call for the fourth time the researchers and practitioners to share their research expertise and advanced knowledge in modeling innovative enterprise solutions, to provide analytic insights and demonstrate experimental research results of implementing computational intelligence methods in various areas of business- related information processing.
We invite papers which present innovative research results of solving complex tasks of contemporary business as expressed by the following topics:
- Advanced knowledge- based business information systems
- Computational intelligence for business (artificial neural networks, fuzzy systems, expert systems);
- Decision support systems in business enterprises, financial institutions and e-management;
- Knowledge- based models of data mining in business;
- Business process and information requirements analysis.
- Information technologies and software developments for business process modeling;
- Agent-based and embedded systems in business applications;
- Information systems in e-business, e-banking and marketing;
- Online trading by using evolution-based methods, neural networks and rule-based systems;
- Advanced computational approaches to portfolio optimization and selection;
- Analysis of financial time series;
- Estimations, modelling, algorithms of application of investment strategies in financial markets
- Advanced research and case studies of application computational methods in banking, insurance and credit risk evaluation, company rating systems;
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
- Demo papers: max. 4 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template available from http://www.springer.com/computer+science/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-791344-0.
Submission system is available at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aktb2012.
Papers approved for presentation at AKTB 2012 will be published in BIS 2012 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer's Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2012 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to BIS 2012 participants in October 2012 by regular mail.
Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
Each paper submitted to BIS workshop will be reviewed by at least two Referees.
At least one author of each paper needs to register for the conference for the paper to be included in proceedings.
Workshop registration entitles to participate in the conference, as well as in all workshops and tutorials held in conjunction with it.
- April 11, 2012 (deadline extended) - submission deadline for papers
- April 22, 2012 - notification of acceptance/rejection
- April 30, 2012 - submission of final papers
- May 21-23, 2012 - the workshop
- Dalia Kriksciuniene
- Virgilijus Sakalauskas
- Rajendra Akerkar, Western Norway Research Institute, Norway
- Marie-Aude Aufaure, Ecole Centrale Paris, MAS Laboratory, France
- Lia Bassa, Foundation for information Society, Hungary
- Regis Cabral, Funding for European projects, Brasil
- Emilio Corchado, University of Burgos, Spain
- Tânia Cristina D´Agostini Bueno, Instituto de Governo Eletrônico Inteligências e Sistemas, Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
- Saulius Gudas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Remigijus Gustas, Karlstad University, Sweden
- Jaco Jordaan, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- Ferenc Kiss, Foundation for information Society, Hungary
- Irene Krebs, Potsdam University, Germany
- Dalia Kriksciuniene, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Audrius Lopata, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Konradin Maier, Vienna University of Business and Economics, Austria
- Dhrupad Mathur, S.P.J. Centre of Management, Singapore
- Arturas Mazeika, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Alina Dia Miron, Petru Maior University Tirgu MuresTomas Pitner, Romania
- Razvan Petrusel, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
- Tomas Pitner, Masaryk University, Czech Republik
- Vytautas Rudzionis, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Virgilijus Sakalauskas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Gerald Schaefer, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Eric Schoop, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- Mikhail Simonov, Istituto Superiore Mario Boella, Italy
- Rimvydas Simutis, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Volker Stix, Institute for Information Business, Austria
- Darijus Strasunskas, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Margaret Tan, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Leonard Walletzky, Masaryk University, Czech Republik
- Adilson Xavier, COPPE- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Danuta Zakrzewska, Institute of Computer Science Technical University of Lodz, Poland
- Du Zhang, California State University, USA
15th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2012), Vilnius, Lithuania 21-23 May 2012
Department of Information Systems, Poznan University of Economics, al. Niepodleglosci 10, 61-875 Poznan, Poland
phone: +48618543632 , fax: +48618543633 , web: http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/
Local Organisation: Vilnius University,
Universiteto St. 3, LT-01513 Vilnius, Lithuania | phone: +370-37-750538 | fax: +370-37-423222 | web: http://www.vu.lt/en/