1st Workshop on Formal Semantics for the Future Enterprise (FSFE 2012)
in conjunction with
15th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2012)
Download TXT version of this CfP
May 21-23, 2012
Deadline for submissions: March 31, 2012
The main goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers to share their research knowledge and experience over the formal aspects of the future enterprise.
Most of the current companies go through a lot of changes. The workshop seeks to create, promote and spread the formal fundaments that will enable the transition to those future enterprises.
We invite papers which provide advanced formal approaches over the enterprise-related semantics and enterprise virtualization. The workshop themes cover main issues regarding the transition towards the future enterprise. An important aspect covers the transition from data to knowledge as well as the issues related to representing and storing the knowledge of the enterprise (e.g. semantics, ontologies). Another important aspect is collaboration, with a focus on the formal aspects of communication technology (e.g. cloud computing) and security. The third aspect the workshop focuses on, is the formal approach over business processes and decision making automation.
- Data-to-knowledge migration methodologies and legacy system semantization
- Formal approaches for knowledge representation
- Formal methods for capturing enterprise semantics
- Computational semantics and natural language processing for business documents
- Ontology shifting and evolution for the future enterprises
- Semantically-driven platforms for networking and collaboration
- Automated decision making in the Future Enterprise
- Formal semantics for business and decision making processes
- Security models for the future enterprise
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template available from http://www.springer.com/computer+science/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-791344-0.
Submission system is available at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fsfe2012.
Papers presented at FSFE 2012 will be published in BIS 2012 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer's Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series.
Each paper submitted to FSFE 2012 will be reviewed by at least three referees.
All authors of accepted papers as well as other participants will be asked to read accepted papers abstracts before the workshop (papers will be available on-line in advance) to facilitate discussion.
At least one author of each paper needs to register the conference for the paper to be included in proceedings.
Workshop registration entitles to participate in the conference, as well as in all workshops and tutorials held in conjunction with it.
- March 31, 2012 - submission deadline for papers
- April 22, 2012 - notification of acceptance/rejection
- May 3, 2012 - submission of final papers
- May 21-23, 2012 - the workshop
- Robert Buchmann
- Gheorghe Cosmin Silaghi
- Razvan Petrusel
- Alvaro E. Arenas, IE Business School Madrid, Spain
- Benjamin Aziz, University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- Robert Buchmann, Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Gheorghe Cosmin Silaghi, Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Marin Fotache, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Romania
- Tomasz Kaczmarek, Poznan University of Economics, Poland
- Mihaela Muntean, West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Adrian Munteanu, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Romania
- Syed Naqvi, CETIC Charleroi, Belgium
- Ioan Petri, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Razvan Petrusel, Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Paul Pocatilu, Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, Romania
- Ioan Toma, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Nicolae Tomai, Babeş Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Dongen van Boudewijn, Technical University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Irene Vanderfeesten, Technical University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands
15th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2012), Vilnius, Lithuania 21-23 May 2012
Department of Information Systems, Poznan University of Economics, al. Niepodleglosci 10, 61-875 Poznan, Poland
phone: +48618543632 , fax: +48618543633 , web: http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/
Local Organisation: Vilnius University,
Universiteto St. 3, LT-01513 Vilnius, Lithuania | phone: +370-37-750538 | fax: +370-37-423222 | web: http://www.vu.lt/en/