17th International Conference
Business Information Systems
Topics of interest |
Workshop organization |
Workshop proceedings |
Important dates |
Submission guidelines |
Call for Workshop and Events Proposals
17th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2014) will be held in Larnaca, Cyprus, May 22-23 2014. BIS is currently one of top European conferences in the areas of theory and practice of development and implementation of contemporary business information systems. More information on current and previous editions of BIS conference is accessible at BIS Web site at http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/.
Topics of interest
The BIS 2014 Program Committee invites proposals for the workshops and events to be held back-to-back and during the conference. BIS 2014 workshops and events should be related to:
- specific aspects of business information systems modelling, implementation and usage, especially mobile business applications, or
- specific issues related to business information systems helping enterprises to take advantages of internet of services and internet of things, including service orientation, service front-ends as the interface to users and communities, virtualisation of resources, etc.
Organization of the workshops and events (including participants registration, website creation and partial advertising of call for papers) will be supported by BIS team, allowing workshop organizers to focus on scientific aspects of the event (review and selection of papers, division of presentations into sessions).
The post-proceedings of BIS 2014 workshops is planned to be published as a book by Springer-Verlag in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series.
Each submission of proposed workshop (max three A4 pages in PDF format) should describe:
- title of the event
- short description of the event and its goals
- proposed format (e.g., workshop, tutorial, panel, etc.)
- initial list of topics
- preliminary program committee with specified chair(s)
- description of workshop/event history (if proposed event is a following edition of already existing event) including statistics of previous edition(s)
- previous experience of chair(s) in organizing similar events
- preliminary forecast on possible number of submissions and accepted papers
Any information on possible workshop/event publicity is also welcome.
Submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission of workshop proposals is November 30th, 2013.
- Submission of event proposals are open.
- Decisions on acceptance or rejection of proposed workshop will be taken and announced to workshop organizers within two weeks from submission deadline.
17th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2014), Larnaca, Cyprus, 22 - 23 May 2014
Department of Information Systems, Poznan University of Economics, al. Niepodleglosci 10, 61-875 Poznan, Poland
phone: +48618543632 , fax: +48618543633 , web: http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/
Local Organisation: Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, 1 University Avenue, Aglantzia, CY-2109, Nicosia, Cyprus | phone: +357-22892693 | fax: +357-22892701