1st Workshop on Modern Applications of Business Information Systems (MODAPP 2014)
in conjunction with
17th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2014)
Download TXT version of this CfP
May 21-23, 2014
Deadline for submissions: April 10, 2014
Modern Applications of Business Information Systems (MODAPP 2014) workshop is organized in conjunction with BIS 2014 conference. The workshop offers a platform for discussion about most recent applications of information systems that benefit from the up-to-date research trends: semantics and Big Data. Since the workshop focuses on practical use of applications, the system quality and its evaluation is an important area of interest.
Researchers and business professionals are invited to submit papers based on finished projects results as well as ongoing research.
- - quality management
- - quality of information systems
- - quality evaluation
- - semantic interoperability
- - business models for Future Internet
- - Big Data for information systems
- - Linked Data Application Architectures
- - semantics for Deep Web
- Application in specific domains:
- - user Interfaces
- - e-health systems
- - knowledge management systems
- - e-governance solutions
- - ERP systems
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Short papers: max. 6 pages
Submissions to MODAPP 2014 have to be made by using the submission systems EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=modapp14.
Proceedings of MODAPP 2014 workshop will be published by Springer as part of the BIS conference volume in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. Papers submitted need to follow LNBIP formatting guidelines: available from
http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-791344-0. Papers shall not have more than twelve pages (including figures, tables and appendices). Longer papers will not be included in workshop proceedings.
At least one author of each paper needs to register for the conference for the paper to be included in proceedings.
Workshop registration entitles registrants to participate in the conference, as well as in all workshops and tutorials held in conjunction with it.
- April 10, 2014 - submission deadline for papers
- April 22, 2014 - notification of acceptance/rejection
- April 30, 2014 - submission of final papers
- May 21-23, 2014 - the workshop
Program Committee (to be extended)
- Michał Araszkiewicz, Jagiellonian University, Poland
- Jorn Altmann, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Elżbieta Bukowska, Poznań University of Economics, Poland
- André Ludwig, Universität Leipzig, Germany
- Piotr Stolarski, Poznań University of Economics, Poland
- Krzysztof Węcel, Poznań University of Economics, Poland
- Tomasz Żurek, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Poland
17th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2014), Larnaca, Cyprus, 22 - 23 May 2014
Department of Information Systems, Poznan University of Economics, al. Niepodleglosci 10, 61-875 Poznan, Poland
phone: +48618543632 , fax: +48618543633 , web: http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/
Local Organisation: Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, 1 University Avenue, Aglantzia, CY-2109, Nicosia, Cyprus | phone: +357-22892693 | fax: +357-22892701