1st Workshop on Tools for Setting Up and Running a Business in Cloud Computing (TSRB 2014)
in conjunction with
17th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2014)
Download TXT version of this CfP
May 22, 2014
Deadline for submissions: Mar 24, 2014
During the last decade technology evolved in a way that resulted in huge amount of data. This evolvement imposed on enterprises, the need to automate their core processes for operational excellence while spending huge amount of money to acquire the infrastructure and the tools to do so. The data repositories developed, provided the means to accrue the significant benefit of leveraging the value hidden in information accumulated during business transactions over time to support decision making and improve performance implying additional investments for the companies.
Nowadays, this need becomes crucial for the survival of enterprises since competition becomes more aggressive, profit margins are limited, market becomes more demanding and customers seek experience of high quality and value. Even though, the cost of such infrastructures has been significantly reduced, the economic crisis limited the business budgets (especially for small and medium enterprises) in ways that could not afford setting up high performance infrastructures.
The concept of cloud computing provides the solution to address the problem of high cost by providing infrastructures that accommodate the tools needed for setting up and running a business.
This workshop invites researchers and business experts to share knowledge by introducing innovative tools for setting up and running a business in cloud computing. We expect practitioners to demonstrate business case tutorials that will introduce the sophisticated technologies and skills needed to capture transactions and process business data: (a) to operate business and (b) to find patterns and relationships from past transactions to make decisions and to improve an organization’s performance and decision making ability.
- Cloud Computing: Solutions and Best Practices
- In-memory Computing and Big Data
- Business Suites and Underline Architectures
- Advanced Management Solutions: Financials, HR, Sales, Procurement, Billing, Order Management, etc.
- Advanced Knowledge-Based Business Information Systems
- Decision Support Systems in Business
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Business Intelligence
- Data Mining In Business
- Facility Management
- Customer Experience Management
- Campaign Management
- Developing innovative products and services (basket analysis)
- Business Discovery
- Social Media
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
- Demo papers: max. 4 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template available from
Submission system is available at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tsrb2014.
95% Tutorials (case studies & tools demo)
5% Panel Discussion (discussion on the issues addressed and on how to face challenges)
Each paper submitted to BIS workshop will be reviewed by at least two referees.
- Mar 24, 2014 - submission deadline for papers
- Apr 24, 2014 - notification of acceptance/rejection
- May 4, 2014 - submission of final papers
- May 22, 2014 - the workshop
- Hariklea Kazeli
- Bambos Papacharalambous
Program Committee (to be extended)
- Andreas Andreou, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Hariklea Kazeli, CYTA, Cyprus
- Aggeliki Kokkinaki, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Bambos Papacharalambous, CYTA, Cyprus
- Michalis Papadopoulos, CYTA, Cyprus
- Ariana Polyviou, Singlular Logic,
- Michael Spanoudes, Teradata EMEA,
- Vasilios Verykios, Open University, Greece
17th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2014), Larnaca, Cyprus, 22 - 23 May 2014
Department of Information Systems, Poznan University of Economics, al. Niepodleglosci 10, 61-875 Poznan, Poland
phone: +48618543632 , fax: +48618543633 , web: http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/
Local Organisation: Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, 1 University Avenue, Aglantzia, CY-2109, Nicosia, Cyprus | phone: +357-22892693 | fax: +357-22892701