Web Services – what are they? Just a new hype or the
next big thing?
During this year student's session we will try to answer that
First the participants will be familiarized with the general
idea of Web Services and then with more advance topic, namely
ontology language for Web Services.
The second part of the session will be quite practical. It
will be shown how to become a Web Service provider, how to
publish and find a Web Service, and also that when building
Web Services, providers can use open source solutions as well.
The future of Web Services will be discussed in the last part
of our session. The usage in e-Learning and in project called
EVEREST will serve as an example. The whole session will end
with an open discussion about the future of Web Services.
For more information please contact Monika Kaczmarek:
Session I - Web Services
- Web Services - Julia Gwizdala, Monika
- Ontology for Web Services - Agata Godlewska,
Session II - Web Services - more practical view
- How to become Web Services provider - quick tutorial
- Jacek Kopcinski, Dominik Zyskowski
- UDDI in practice- Michal Kowalczewski
- PHP and WS - Wojtek Rutkowski
Session III (WS - practical use, the future)
- WS and e-learning - Jakub Kreczmer
- eVERest - Marek Bartus
- discussion about the future of WS